New compact LifeSize® Passport™ delivers HD video communications for under $3200
Australian technology distributor IPL Communications today announced the new compact LifeSize® Passport™ video conferencing system, ideal for SMEs, SOHO and teleworkers, will land in Australia in November.
Developed by LifeSize Communications, the global leader in high definition video communications, the LifeSize Passport is a portable video conferencing unit. It is also the world’s first HD video communications system to enable Skype audio calls to the more than 480 million registered Skype users.
According to Paul Scanlan, General Manager of IPL Communications, the LifeSize Passport makes high-definition video conferencing accessible to SMEs as well as Corporate and Enterprise customers. IPL’s network of resellers are now taking orders for the LifeSize Passport, for delivery in November.
“LifeSize has been extremely successful in making video conferencing more accessible to all kinds of businesses. LifeSize Passport takes this to a new level by creating a portable video conferencing system at a price point attractive to SME, home office and teleworkers.
“Gone are the days when the only choices were an expensive high-end boardroom system or low a quality web cam based system. With LifeSize Passport anyone can take advantage of HD video and audio, anywhere there is a broadband internet connection,” Mr Scanlan continued.
“We anticipate there will be a huge level of demand for this system and are making it available through our network of resellers across Australia,” he said.
Commenting on IPL’s role as nation-wide distributor for LifeSize, Mr Scanlan said:
“IPL’s partnership with LifeSize has gone from strength to strength. Since we were appointed as distributor in January we have signed resellers throughout Australia. We expect the new price point of LifeSize Passport will drive further reseller growth as more businesses turn to LifeSize for cost-effective video conferencing solutions.”
Pricing and Availability
LifeSize Passport is available in two models starting from a RRP $3161 ex tax: LifeSize Passport with Focus and integrated microphone; and LifeSize Passport with PTZ camera and mic pod.
LifeSize Passport with Skype audio capabilities will be available globally in Q4 2009. Contact IPL Communications (02 9667 7444) to register interest in this model.
About LifeSize Passport
- LifeSize Passport delivers the telepresence experience to anyone, anywhere.
- Delivers 720p 30 frames per second HD video and HD audio.
- Built-in ringer alerts the user to an incoming call when connected to a multi-purpose display.
- Supports HD video calls at just 1Mbps over any IP network, and up to 2Mbps maximum bandwidth.
- Light, compact and easily carried anywhere.
- 20.3cm width x 11.9cm depth x 3.3cm height.
- Weighs less than 0.5kg; 1.18kg with cables and power supply included.
- LifeSize Passport is the first HD video communications system with an integrated Skype capability.
- Enables Skype users to experience Skype-to-Skype calling.
- Skype presence ensures you always know when your business colleagues or partners are on online and available for a call.
- Simple, seamless conversations between two parties: Skype’s easy to use Contact List allows you to place a call at the touch of a button.
- The ability to deliver the best picture – at least 2 times better than competing products – across any bandwidth due to LifeSize’s unique network efficiency and performance.
- Only LifeSize has Adaptive Motion Control™ (AMC). AMC dynamically adapts to changing network conditions to deliver the highest quality of visual motion control and clarity.
About IPL Communications
Part of the IPL Group, IPL Communications is a value added distributor of Voice, Video and Data products throughout Australia. Focusing on solutions aimed at small to medium enterprises, IPL Communications carries a comprehensive range of leading edge Telecommunication equipment and software representing high-profile brands including Siemens, Panasonic and Alcatel.
IPL Communications draws on the IPL Group’s long history in the distribution of IT&T products in the Australian and Pacific Rim market.
The Company aims to provide an unrivalled level of support to its nationwide Business Partner network. IPL’s dedicated team of certified and accredited staff offer industry-leading sales, technical and marketing support to its Australia-wide dealer network.