Independent Testing Confirms ServerIron ADX Raises the Bar by Providing IT Infrastructures with Mission-Critical SSL Acceleration
Brocade® (Nasdaq: BRCD) today announced that the Brocade ServerIron® ADX Series of Application Delivery Controllers (ADC) now leads the industry with the highest-performing Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) acceleration performance, surpassing the next-closest competitive offering by nearly two times, according to independent third-party test results from The Tolly Group. The SSL acceleration and offload capability of the ServerIron ADX Series helps maximise the performance, utilisation and security of Web- and IP-based application infrastructures and services (ranging from e-mail to e-commerce) – which can result in significant revenue gains, IT cost efficiencies and broader security.
Through independent testing, Tolly Group engineers measured the SSL performance of the ServerIron ADX 1000 and evaluated the findings using performance capacities publicly announced by products from Cisco Systems, Citrix Systems and F5 Networks. The ServerIron ADX 1000 delivered significantly greater SSL acceleration capacity at the lowest cost-per-transaction among the systems analysed. The testing demonstrated that the Brocade solution delivered:
- Better SSL performance and price/performance value than the Cisco, Citrix and F5 devices tested
- Nearly four times the number of SSL transactions per second of the Cisco ACE 4710, priced at 30 percent less than the Cisco offering
- No impact to Layer 7 load balancing throughput while processing demanding SSL traffic flows
- Port connectivity flexibility with 16 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports and two 10 GbE ports in a 1U form factor
- 9.4 Gigabytes per second (Gbps) of raw layer 7 throughput, more than twice that of any other device tested
“Insufficient network switching capacity for high volumes of Web transactions, e-commerce purchases and secure connections directly translates to terminated sales opportunities, lost productivity and security breaches,” said Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst, enterprise voice and data, INFONETICS RESEARCH, Inc. “Businesses need adequate levels of transaction processing with high-performance SSL offload and acceleration to ensure sufficient headroom to accommodate frequent user spikes. By building an infrastructure that can cost-effectively scale to their maximum requirements, they can preserve business continuity and revenue opportunities.”
According to a Harris Interactive survey, 40 percent of online consumers abandoned transactions entirely or turned to competitors upon experiencing a problem. More than 90 percent of those who experienced problems questioned the particular company’s ability to keep their private data secure – further degrading trust in the online experience. Ease of completing a transaction and Web site security are the top two factors contributing to a positive consumer experience when conducting an online transaction, thus making SSL transaction capacity a significant factor in improving online sales revenues.
The ServerIron ADX is a critical component in a data centre that provides load balancing, service availability, traffic management and server offload services such as SSL acceleration to help ensure high performance, availability and security for mission-critical applications and infrastructure services. In addition to the advanced SSL acceleration capabilities, the new ServerIron ADX 12.1 software release provides network traffic monitoring and anomaly detection capabilities through sFlow®, user-based access privileges through Role Based Management (RBM) and support for next-generation IPv6.
Tolly Test Report
- Brocade ServerIron ADX Series http://www.flickr.com/photos/33437642@N02/3501137605/
- Brocade ServerIron ADX Series Overview
- ServerIron ADX Series Data Sheet:
- Brocade IP Networking Solutions: http://www.brocade.com/products-solutions/products/ethernet-switches-routers/index.page
Brocade Social Media Links
- Brocade YouTube (Corp): http://www.youtube.com/BrocadeVideo
- Brocade YouTube (Tech): http://www.youtube.com/BrocadeTech
- Brocade FaceBook: http://tinyurl.com/mngyyv
- Brocade Twitter: http://twitter.com/BRCDcomm
- Brocade Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33437642@N02/
- Brocade Wingspan (Executive) Blog: http://tinyurl.com/neaxkr
- Brocade User Community Forum http://community.brocade.com
Social Media Tags: Brocade, Data Center, GSLB, SLB, ADC, Application Delivery, Storage Area Networks, SAN, IP, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, WAN, LAN, Networks, Switch, Router, Director, FCoE, HBA, DCX, ServerIron ADX, SLL
Brocade® (Nasdaq: BRCD) develops extraordinary networking solutions that enable today’s complex, data-intensive businesses to optimise information connectivity and maximise the business value of their data. For more information, visit www.brocade.com.