Brocade Network Advisor Dramatically Simplifies Infrastructure Visibility and Management to Reduce IT Operational Overhead and Increase Application Performance
Brocade® (Nasdaq: BRCD) today announced Brocade Network Advisor, the industry’s first and only unified network management platform for SAN and IP networks. The new platform provides a single, easy-to-use management solution across Brocade Fibre Channel SANs, IP networks, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) networks, wireless networks and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) networks.
Brocade Network Advisor is designed to support the four Brocade One™ value propositions of unmatched simplicity, non-stop networking, optimised applications and investment protection to provide unique benefits to customers with data centre, enterprise campus and service provider networks:
- Unmatched Simplicity:Delivers comprehensive lifecycle management capabilities, including configuration, monitoring, management and reporting across the entire Brocade networking portfolio – all from a single, easy-to-use GUI. Powerful Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) capabilities provide fine-grained management over networking resources and a detailed audit of change activities. A unified end-user experience across different network types enables customers to embrace convergence technologies (such as FCoE, wired/wireless, VoIP and unified communications) at their own pace with a minimal learning curve for their administrators as they transition to these new technologies.
- Non-stop Networking:Reduces network downtime and increases network security with proactive network monitoring, traffic analysis, fault isolation, change management and policy-driven remedial actions. A sophisticated rule engine enables powerful definition of policies, including automated trigger actions such as execution of predefined scripts, and e-mail or pager notifications. In addition, Advanced Call Home capabilities allow customers to configure Brocade Network Advisor to proactively notify their support organisation before any issues impact services.
- Optimised Applications:Optimises application traffic and performance to manage service level agreements (SLAs) via end-to-end network monitoring, automation and policy management. In addition, Brocade Network Advisor supports configuration of quality of service (QoS) on a per-host or a per-virtual machine (VM) basis. Precision monitoring helps determine network congestion to identify application impact, and deep integration with partner management products helps streamline problem resolution across different administrative silos.
- Investment Protection:Provides tight integration via standards-based APIs with industry-leading partner products for server management, storage management, virtualisation management and data centre orchestration. Examples include VMware vCentre, Microsoft System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM), IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Centre (TPC) and IBM Systems Director.
“Customers are experiencing significantly high operating expenses associated with disparate islands of tools and fragmented lifecycle management processes,” said Jason Nolet, Vice President, Data Centre and Enterprise Networking Group at Brocade. “Brocade Network Advisor addresses these pain points with a robust, scalable architecture that integrates SAN, Ethernet, MPLS and wireless management into a single, cohesive management application. Most importantly, Brocade Network Advisor reduces customer OpEx by minimising training, increasing automation and consolidating tools.”
“Managing a complex network infrastructure in a dynamic enterprise customer lab facility is definitely a challenge,” said Mike Poulson, Program Manager, Microsoft Enterprise Engineering Centre. “Our network configuration changes from week to week and devices are added and removed on a regular basis to support different customer test requirements. Using multiple tool sets to manage and capture the entire view of the network can be challenging and time-consuming. In order to efficiently and effectively manage our network infrastructure, a single unified network management platform covering LAN and SAN on a single user interface will be a significant benefit.”
“Managing a broad network infrastructure efficiently is a challenge most network operators face. It’s not only extremely time-consuming but requires multiple sets of tools to capture the entire view of the network,” said IJ Rosenblum, Director of IT, BOK Centre/Tulsa Convention Centre. “IT managers can benefit from a single unified management platform that helps to automate processes and manage the entire network from SAN to wired and wireless LAN on a single user interface. It’s a huge benefit that can minimise operational overhead and improve network reliability.”
Seamless Upgrade from Existing Brocade Management Solutions
For existing Brocade IronView® Network Manager (INM) or Brocade Data Centre Fabric Manager (DCFM®) customers, Brocade Network Advisor will provide a seamless upgrade path and functional continuity. Brocade will also provide migration guides, training material and education courses to help ensure a seamless transition to the new product.
Pricing and Availability
Brocade Network Advisor is scheduled to be available in November 2010. Additional details on licensing options will be available at that time. In addition to featuring a complimentary management option for smaller networks, Brocade Network Advisor will be available as a full-featured 75-day evaluation copy. To learn more about Brocade Network Advisor, visit http://www.brocade.com/management.
- Brocade Network Advisor data sheet, solution brief, FAQ and other materials: www.brocade.com/network-advisor
Brocade Network Advisor video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oY4JWzRfHc
Brocade(Nasdaq: BRCD) develops extraordinary networking solutions that enable today’s complex, data-intensive businesses to optimise information connectivity and maximise the business value of their data.For more information, visit www.brocade.com.
Brocade, the B-wing symbol, BigIron, DCFM, DCX, Fabric OS, FastIron, IronView, NetIron, SAN Health, ServerIron, TurboIron, and Wingspan are registered trademarks, and Brocade Assurance, Brocade NET Health, Brocade One, Extraordinary Networks, MyBrocade, and VCS are trademarks of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries. Other brands, products, or service names mentioned are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
© 2010 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.