The IAB Australia Board today announced that Paul Fisher has extended his contract as CEO of IAB Australia for a further two years until June 2014. Fisher was initially appointed as CEO in July 2008 and during his tenure he has overseen considerable investment in the IAB which has resulted strong double digit industry growth, job creation, an influx of new business start-ups and the entry of overseas digital businesses to the Australian market.
Commenting on his re-appointment, Paul Fisher said: “The IAB has achieved a lot, yet much more work lies ahead. I am very happy to have the Board’s support as the IAB enters into another key expansionary period. We need to work with marketers to raise their awareness, educate and train them about how to reach, engage and influence their customers in the digital world. The industry needs standards, guidelines, and a coherent approach to sustaining its spectacular growth.
“The IAB plays a vital role in these activities and I am excited that I have the chance to continue to drive the growth of both the IAB and the broader industry,” said Fisher. “We have an ambitious plan for the next two years to build on the IAB’s foundations and to expand into the important issues of industry self-regulation and also mobile advertising.”
Tony Prentice, Chairman of the IAB Board said “The Board is delighted to re-appoint Paul as CEO of IAB Australia. He has achieved a great deal in the last four years and this knowledge, along with the stability of his extended tenure will enable the IAB to focus on influencing and accelerating the key drivers which will ensure the online advertising industry continues to grow at double digit rates.”
In the four years since his appointment, Fisher has overseen a number of major projects including:
- The establishment of four Industry Councils which have standardised online audience measurement, set standards for online video and rich media, produced numerous case studies and research pieces, and recently begun to tackle mobile advertising;
- Endorsing Nielsen as the preferred supplier for online audience measurement, making IAB Australia the first IAB in the world to formally evaluate and endorse a hybrid online audience methodology;
- Contributing significantly to the Australian Digital Advertising Alliance publication of the Australian best practice guideline for online behavioural advertising, a major self-regulatory initiative to inform consumers about their online privacy and give them choice over their settings;
- Reinvigorated the annual IAB Awards and Creative Showcase to provide both a gala industry event of the year and to continuously spotlight, recognise and reward the best Australian online advertising creative.
About the Interactive Advertising Bureau
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Limited is the peak trade association for online advertising in Australia and was incorporated in July 2010. As one of over 40 IAB offices globally, and with a rapidly growing membership, IAB Australia’s principal objective is to increase the share of advertising and marketing dollars that interactive media captures in the marketplace.
IAB Australia’s board includes representatives of Fairfax Media, News Digital Media, REA Group, Network Ten, Yahoo!7, APN News & Media, ninemsn, Carsales.com, Telstra, TressCox Lawyers and AIMIA. It has four objectives:
- To develop, coordinate and promote industry standards and guidelines that make interactive advertising a simpler and more attractive medium for agencies, advertisers and marketers
- To prove and promote the effectiveness of interactive advertising to advertisers, agencies, marketers, and the press
- To be the primary advocate for the interactive marketing and advertising industry
- To expand the breadth and depth of IAB membership while increasing direct value to members