Breakthrough technology joins the innovative Impactology™ product line and offers unparalleled protection for smartphones and tablets
Tech21 Impactology, the leading provider of ingenious impact protection cases and screen shields, today announced the Australian launch of Impact Shield, the world’s most advanced screen impact protection for devices. Impact Shield is immediately available for the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S4 at Vodafone stores Australia wide.
Impact Shield’s multi layer structure with BulletShield™ interlayer features the world’s leading chemical company BASF’s protection polymer which is used in military grade bullet proof glass, airplane cockpits and a key ingredient for impact absorption. Impact Shield reduces the risk of damage to a device screen by spreading the impact, absorbing and slowing the force.
The Impact Shield offers consumers the best available impact protection without inhibiting a device’s performance. While many other screen protection solutions exist, none have all the benefits that Impact Shield offers in one package. Some feature optical clarity but no impact protection, some have impact protection but take professional assistance to apply, while others offer impact protection but with a thick film or matte finish.
“Tech21 wanted to apply its innovative Impactology technology to screen protection, and spent two years studying the wear and tear of devices and looking for the best available materials and ingredients specifically focusing on optical perfection to create Impact Shield,” said Jason Roberts, CEO of Tech21. “Impact Shield achieves a combination of benefits that no other screen protector has achieved – unparalleled impact protection against scratches, drops and shattering, with perfect optical clarity – making it ideal for anyone wanting to protect their device.”
Tech21’s Impact Shield is available at Vodafone stores Australia wide for the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy 4 with a RRP of $29.95.
Key benefits of Impact Shield include:
- Advanced impact protection: An ingenious multi-layer system which includes a hard top layer to disperse impacts; a middle layer with BulletShield™ featuring a BASF protection interlayer, also used in bulletproof glass; and a final soft layer which also absorbs impact. Overall, this reduces the force passed through to the glass screen by up to 80 percent, lessening the threat of screen breakage.
- Easy and fast application: Attaching the Impact Shield using OneTouch™ adhesive is simple and uses no glue, resulting in a bubble-free application within seconds with no cure time.
- Self-healing anti scratch: The anti-scratch technology is perfect to protect against accidents or damages in everyday life, with self-heal instantly closing up around day to day scratches, retaining optimum optical clarity
- Perfect optical clarity: With non-yellowing UV protection provided by the BASF protection polymer, you won’t know it’s there!
View a video about Impact Shield here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTyqLHnU6yk
Over the last twelve months, Tech21 has been first-to-market manufacturing Impactology™ approved cases for key handset launches including the Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4 and the iPhone 5. It also manufactures cases for the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S; Samsung Galaxy Note II and iPad Mini, plus other smartphones, tablets and laptops
To find out what makes Impactology™ different, watch the latest video here:
Notes to Editors:
Impactology is Tech21’s promise that all its products always deliver the most intelligent impact protection. They can make this promise thanks to a combination of scientifically proven materials, ingenious design and unbeatable user-friendliness.
Over the years, Tech21 has developed extremely strong relationships with leading handset manufacturers, which enables it to provide intelligent impact protection cases from the day of handset launch. It has created impact protection products for all hero handsets from Apple and Samsung, including the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4, as well as iPad and Note II ranges.
Features of Impactology™ products
• Selection of ingenious raw materials, such as D3O®, providing optimum impact protection
• Slim, minimalist look and feel, with access to all phone functions
• Revolutionary design, offering complete protection
How does Tech21 do it?
Tech21’s Impactology team includes some of the world’s leading polymer engineers and industrial manufacturing specialists. It works with the best available impact protection materials and discovers how to use these ingenious ingredients in its impact protection cases. That’s Impactology - protection made intelligent.
Tech21 has refined its approach to creating intelligent impact protection using a combination of ingenious design, innovative materials and specialised manufacturing technologies. This is called, Impactology. As Impactologists, the Tech21 team strives for new ways to protect mobile, tablet or laptop from impact damage. It sources superior materials that have fantastic protective properties, and fuse them into products that are greater than the sum of their parts. This allows consumers to focus on the quality of their lives and worry less about functional aspects, like impact protection. It is Tech21’s promise to always provide the most intelligent impact protection.