- Brocade HyperEdge Architecture now includes scale-out networking with the Brocade ICX 7750-based distributed chassis solution
- New enterprise stackable Brocade ICX 7450 Switch delivers premium capabilities and ultimate flexibility
- OpenFlow 1.3 support in the Brocade ICX product family extends SDN capabilities from the data center to the end user, offering an end-to-end solution
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) today announced advancements to The Effortless Network™ strategy, enabled by Brocade® HyperEdge® Architecture, including scale-out networking with the Brocade ICX® 7750-based distributed chassis solution, the new Brocade ICX 7450 enterprise campus stackable switch, and the availability of OpenFlow 1.3 support for emerging campus Software-Defined Networking (SDN) applications. These new enhancements allow customers to transform their edge networks to support mobility, social, and cloud data traffic as they transition to the New IP.
“Campus customers require a high-performance network infrastructure that is future-proof, that is simple to provision and manage, and that can scale at the speed of business. The latest innovations in the Brocade ICX portfolio significantly advance these capabilities and ensure that customers are prepared for the New IP,” said Gary Denman, Senior Director Brocade Australia and New Zealand.
Campus network requirements are evolving rapidly, driven by the mainstream adoption of modern business applications such as video conferencing and virtual desktop infrastructure. Unfortunately, legacy networks are not equipped to handle the increased performance demands and advanced requirements, including the ability to deliver power to high-definition displays directly from the switch that these new applications impose. The Brocade ICX 7450 is purpose-built to support these modern environments with industry-leading scalability, premium enterprise capabilities, and simplified management.
Highlights of the Expanded Brocade Campus Strategy:
- New Distributed Chassis Technology and Expanded HyperEdge Architecture Options Available with the Brocade ICX 7750
- Offers unprecedented 10/40 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) port density and high availability in a fixed platform combined with a distributed deployment architecture to eliminate the need for expensive and rigid chassis solutions
- Delivers a scale-out architecture enabling up to 12 Brocade ICX 7750 switches to be stacked across the campus in a more flexible topology for network aggregation and core layers
- Provides consolidated management touch points and support for SDN to automate network configuration tasks, resulting in 75 percent lower operational cost compared to legacy campus networks
- New Brocade ICX 7450 Switch Brings Flexible Scalability to the Network Edge
- Delivers market-leading stacking scalability with up to 12 switches per stack, 160 Gbps of stacking bandwidth, and long-distance stacking using open-standards QSFP+ ports to enable single-point management across the campus
- Provides a unique modular design with three expansion slots for a choice of 1, 10, or 40 GbE uplinks, offering ultimate flexibility and pay-as-you-grow scalability
- Offers Power over HDBaseT (PoH), to power video surveillance and video conferencing equipment, VDI terminals, and HD displays directly from the switch
- OpenFlow 1.3 Support for the Brocade ICX Product Family Enables End-to-End SDN Initiatives
- Brocade OpenFlow Hybrid Port Mode supports both OpenFlow forwarding and normal routing traffic forwarding, enabling a seamless transition to real-world SDN deployment
- OpenFlow is universally supported in Brocade ICX switches whether deployed individually, in mixed stacks, or in distributed stacks for SDN implementation flexibility across wiring closets
- Campus customers can build a reliable SDN network that has been certified with the OpenDaylight-based Brocade Vyatta® Controller and emerging SDN applications
- Brocade and Aruba Combine Forces for Open Standards-Based Unified Wired and Wireless Network Access
- Joint product development efforts yield new product releases of Brocade Network Advisor 12.3, Aruba Airwave 8.0, and Brocade FastIron® 8.0.20 with Aruba ClearPass CoA support—all ICX products now fully supporting the combined Brocade/Aruba integrated portfolios
- Combined solution delivers unified wired and wireless policy enforcement as well as network monitoring capabilities
- Brocade and Aruba share a common vision for SDN-enabled wired/wireless integration in the campus using open standards
Pricing and Availability
List pricing for the Brocade ICX 7450 Switch starts at US$3,095 with general availability starting this month. The Brocade ICX 7450 comes with a Brocade Assurance® Limited Lifetime Warranty. Brocade networking solutions are available direct, through Brocade channel partners, and via Brocade Network Subscription.
“We believe a dramatic shift in campus network architectures is necessary to support 3rd Platform network demands such as pervasive mobility. Brocade’s enhancements to its campus portfolio show great promise with regard to its differentiated scale-out architecture, simplified management and evolutionary path to SDN. This should enable IT to easily and cost-effectively expand the network, while improving agility and performance to support ever-increasing user expectations.” – Nolan Greene, Research Analyst, Network Infrastructure, IDC
“Brocade offered us a flexible way to replace our legacy chassis with the new distributed chassis technology. The way we are doing networking has fundamentally changed forever to a more distributed model. We don’t need an overly expensive large core chassis because we get more features, throughput, and value from the Brocade ICX 7750 switches.” -- Michael Sherwood, Deputy Director of City Services and Technology, City of Irvine
“The ICX 7450 is the solution to many legacy campus architecture problems, and we share Brocade’s vision to prepare all end-customers for the network demands of the New IP. We are already educating our customers on the scalable and flexible benefits of the Brocade ICX 7450 switch.” – Brian Conboy, CEO, Advanticom
“With the availability of OpenFlow support on the Brocade ICX product family, we are confident we can offer customers unique SDN security solutions with the ability to secure networks with role-based access control and endpoints on-boarding with our SDN-aware PacketFence network access control solution.” – Ludovic Marcotte, President and CEO, Inverse - Developers of the PacketFence Solution
“We wanted an integrated solution that would give us visibility into the wired and wireless networks. Brocade and Aruba provided best-of-breed products that worked as well or better than single-vendor solutions. It was also significantly less expensive than the competition.” – Luke Saintignan, Systems and Network Administrator, Kilgore College
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) networking solutions help the world’s leading organizations transition smoothly to a world where applications and information reside anywhere. (www.brocade.com)
ADX, Brocade, Brocade Assurance, the B-wing symbol, DCX, Fabric OS, HyperEdge, ICX, MLX, MyBrocade, OpenScript, VCS, VDX, and Vyatta are registered trademarks, and The Effortless Network and The On-Demand Data Center are trademarks of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries. Other brands, products, or service names mentioned may be trademarks of others.