Open Mobility Solutions Program Enables Customers to Choose the Right Wireless Network for the New IP
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) has introduced its Open Mobility Solutions Program designed to assure customers that their current, and future, wireless networks will perform well when running on a Brocade® wired network infrastructure. This program addresses the need for advanced future-proof capabilities to support growth and new technologies, such as Software-Defined Networking (SDN), while offering customers a unified wired and wireless experience through strategic partnerships with leading wireless network vendors.
To address advances in wireless technology that have pushed wired networks to their limit—such as increased speeds and the increased number of devices supported by each access point—Brocade campus networking solutions provide a best-in-class foundation for wireless networks. Based on open standards technology, Brocade wired networking solutions are designed to interoperate smoothly with whatever wireless network technology customers decide to purchase in the future. To help ensure compatibility, Brocade has recently completed third-party certification testing with the leading wireless network vendors, including Aerohive, Aruba, and Ruckus.
A key tenet of the Open Mobility Solutions Program is to provide customers with a consistent management and user experience across wired and wireless environments. To achieve this, Brocade has collaborated with best-in-class wireless partners to integrate the Brocade ICX® switches with their solutions. Not only are the joint solutions tested to ensure interoperability, but integration between Brocade products and wireless products allows customers to unify the management and security of their wired and wireless networks. In addition, unified technical support provides a single point of contact for questions or problem resolution.
“The Brocade Open Mobility Solutions Program was created to deliver a best-in-class wired foundation for wireless networks and to optimize customers’ campus network environments,” said Gary Denman, Senior Director Australia and New Zealand at Brocade. “Brocade pioneered this approach with Aruba Networks based on an open and interoperable framework, and our Open Mobility Solutions Program is now ready to expand to a broader set of partners. We are pleased to announce that Aerohive and Ruckus are joining our program in recognition that together we can provide unique added value to our customers—a combined solution with a consistent experience across the wired and wireless networks.”
By working closely with Aerohive, Aruba, and Ruckus, Brocade delivers a unified customer experience through:
- Joint engineering to provide solutions such as management tools and security policies for wired/wireless networks, delivering operational simplicity and a consistent user experience. The solutions Brocade offers with its partners are as tightly integrated as those from any single-vendor offering, without the vendor lock-in.
- Flexible financing withBrocade Network Subscription for wireless networks and Brocade wired networks maximises budget flexibility and procurement simplicity.
- Unified technical support with Brocade wireless partners enables faster time to recovery and eliminates the finger-pointing associated with many multivendor solutions.
- Bill Hoppin, Vice President of Business Development, Aerohive – “Cloud networking has the power to transform how our customers serve their customers. Aerohive teamed up with Brocade to bring complete and integrated cloud networking to a wired and wireless solution that is high-performance, easy to manage, and as dynamic as the customers we serve. Great Wi-Fi Aerohive and best-in-class switches from Brocade work together in a simple, scalable, and secure network for an improved customer experience and increased value for our channel partners."
- Peter Cellarius, Vice President, Business and Corporate Development, Aruba Networks, an HP Company – "We were pleased to be the funding wireless partner in the Brocade Open Mobility Solution. Aruba views this approach as an ideal fit and a key piece of our broader mobile-first strategy. This initiative with Brocade builds on our long-term relationship and provides the kind of consistent security, user experience, and massive scalability that enables the unique class of mobility we've deployed together at venues like Levi's Stadium."
- Kash Shaikh, Vice President of Marketing, Ruckus Wireless - "Brocade and Ruckus have collaborated to deliver performance, scalability, security, and manageability at a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for enterprise networks. Together we provide comprehensive network solutions that enable organisations to deliver an excellent user experience and enable applications that securely engage visitors and customers."
- Brocade Open Mobility Solutions
- Aerohive and Brocade Solution Brief
- Aruba and Brocade Solution Brief
- Ruckus and Brocade Solution Brief
- Tolly Group Reports:
- Interoperability Evaluation for Aerohive Networks WLAN with Brocade ICX Switches
- Interoperability Evaluation for Aruba Networks WLAN with Brocade ICX Switches
- Interoperability Evaluation for Ruckus Wireless WLAN with Brocade ICX Switches
- Interoperability Evaluation for Cisco WLAN with Brocade ICX Switches
ADX, Brocade, Brocade Assurance, the B-wing symbol, DCX, Fabric OS, HyperEdge, ICX, MLX, MyBrocade, OpenScript, The Effortless Network, VCS, VDX, Vplane, and Vyatta are registered trademarks, and Fabric Vision and vADX are trademarks of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries. Other brands, products, or service names mentioned may be trademarks of others.