Megaport, Asia’s leading elastic interconnection provider, has provisioned its 100th Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect service in Australia, it was announced today.
“This is a major milestone for Megaport demonstrating that we are delivering on our vision to be a leading provider of Network-as-a-Service and elastic interconnectivity in Asia. In fact, we have now provisioned over 120 direct connect services into AWS in Australia for carriers and large enterprises including M2, Sportsbet, and JB Hi Fi,” said Megaport CEO Denver Maddux.
One of the key enablers of the growth and ongoing scalability of Megaport’s AWS Direct Connect Service is its automatic provisioning via its Web-based platform.
”We are very pleased to be working with Megaport, who has developed an innovative, pay-as-you-go delivery model for network connectivity which aligns well with the AWS customer centric approach. We applaud them on reaching this significant milestone and look forward to continuing this successful relationship in the future,” said Glenn Gore, APAC Head of Technology, AWS.
In less than two short years people connected to Megaport can now access over 150 providers in over 26 on-net data centres in Australia and New Zealand including every Equinix and NEXTDC facility throughout Australia and a further eight data centres in Singapore and Hong Kong.
Megaport has also announced additional investment and future expansion plans for both US and European markets by the end of the current calendar year and is forging ahead to become the leading neutral, ubiquitous fabric to be available globally.
Megaport was founded in 2013 by Bevan Slattery to create a new paradigm for networks and cloud to interconnect. Originally launched in APAC as the world’s first SDN-based elastic platform, Megaport now provides on-demand, elastic connectivity to over 150 network and cloud services providers.
With plans to expand in Europe and the United States in 2015, the Megaport Platform will service over 25 major markets globally.
ANZ Megaport Enabled Data Centres
- Global Switch, 400 Harris Street, Ultimo
- Fujitsu, 25 Waterloo Road, North Ryde
- NEXTDC S1, 4 Eden Park Drive, Macquarie Park
- Equinix SY1/SY2, 639 Gardeners Road, Alexandria
- Equinix SY3, 47 Bourke Road, Alexandria
- Vocus, 59 Doody Street, Alexandria
- MDC, Lvl 15, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne
- Vocus, Lvl 3, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne
- Primus, 55 King Street, Melbourne
- Interactive, 437 Williamstown Road, Port Melbourne
- Interactive 1, 1 Tarver Street, Port Melbourne
- NEXTDC M1, 826 Lorimer Street, Port Melbourne
- Equinix ME1, 600 Lorimer Street, Port Melbourne
- Vocus, 55 Crockford Street, Port Melbourne
- CITEC, 317 Edward Street, Brisbane
- NEXTDC B1, 20 Wharf Street, Brisbane
- Pipe DC1/DC2, 127 Creek Street, Brisbane
- Primus, 127 Creek Street, Brisbane
- Pipe DC3, 148 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley
- Pipe DC4, 73 Amelia Street, Fortitude Valley
- Over The Wire, 100 Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley
- The Data Centre, 220 Queen Street, Auckland
- Datacom, 6 Orbit Drive, Auckland