Australian Online Cartridge Retailer Selects NetSuite SuiteCommerce to Streamline B2B and B2C Ecommerce Operations and Gain a Single View of the Customer
NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry’s leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced that CartridgesDirect, one of Australia’s largest online providers of genuine printer, copier and print cartridges, has selected NetSuite SuiteCommerce to capitalise on the flexibility and superior features the cloud commerce platform offers to improve customer engagement and streamline operational efficiencies. CartridgesDirect plans to replace Magento Enterprise web platform with NetSuite SuiteCommerce to run its entire online business from one unified cloud commerce platform, including ecommerce, web storefront, shipping, inventory management, order management, financials, CRM and HR. This can enable CartridgesDirect to transform its B2C and B2B ecommerce, warehouse, support desk and internal business operations.
Since launching in June 2006, CartridgesDirect has grown to be one of Australia’s largest and most trusted sources of genuine printer, copier and fax cartridges. The online retailer has offices in Australia, as well as in Hong Kong supplying to the local market. CartridgesDirect plans on expanding into New Zealand later this year and the U.K. in late 2016. In addition to expanding into new markets, the company is focused on evolving its catalogue beyond cartridges into printers and accessories, which will require drop ship products direct from suppliers to end-customers to avoid keeping inventory for these new products in its warehouse.
CartridgesDirect prides itself on its customer and delivery services, but was restricted by the lack of a single, real-time view of its customers due to data being held in three disparate, on-premise software solutions - Magento for ecommerce, ExactTarget for digital marketing and Microsoft Dynamics NAV for ERP. It also was prohibitive from both a cost and ongoing maintenance perspective. To move forward and continually improve the customer experience, it turned to NetSuite to provide a single, integrated commerce platform. While the initial deployment of NetSuite SuiteCommerce is planned to be in Australia only, it also plans to bring Hong Kong onto the platform in the near future, as well as subsequent markets it expands into.
“Loyalty and customer retention has always been key to our business success and we are acutely aware that if we don’t continue to excel in this, it will be hard to maintain in a very competitive market,” said Simon Williams, managing director of CartridgesDirect. “The way we operated in the past was inefficient as there were too many different databases we needed to extract customer information from. Moving forward, we plan to integrate all of our core processes within NetSuite, which can give our employees access to the valuable real-time customer data and history they need to ensure they perform their jobs effectively and deliver a seamless customer experience.”
CartridgesDirect was initially looking for a stand alone CRM solution and while investigating SugarCRM the retailer was pointed towards NetSuite, which uncovered the broad range of features and benefits the NetSuite SuiteCommerce platform has to offer. The online retailer has been an existing NetSuite customer since early 2015, when it replaced Microsoft Dynamics NAV with NetSuite OneWorld business management platform to better manage its financials and other core back-end business operations.
As CartridgesDirect looks to focus more on the B2B market, it needed a cloud-based commerce platform to future proof the business and drive a superior customer experience. NetSuite SuiteCommerce can provide Cartridges Direct with the following key features and benefits:
- Single customer view - NetSuite can enable CartridgesDirect to capture interactions and transactions across its online and support centre operations into a single customer record to improve sales and service, provide personalised experiences and support target marketing.
- Self-service account management - NetSuite SuiteCommerce can enable Cartridges Direct to offer a self-service capability to customers to log into an account, monitor their own credit limits and access credit memos, invoices and quotes, which can free up the customer service team and increase customer satisfaction. Nearly all customer service calls the company currently receives are tax invoice and consignment tracking enquiries. This new functionality can be huge driving force for CartridgesDirect to push more into the B2B market.
- Anywhere, anytime access – One of the main drivers for CartirdgesDirect to turn to the NetSuite cloud was the ability to access its commerce platform from anywhere in the world using a web browser or mobile device, which supports its employees travelling overseas or on the road. Previously, they could only access this information using remote desktop.
- Real-time reporting – Using multiple, disparate systems with laborious, manual data management meant that Cartridges Direct was operating blind for a long time. NetSuite SuiteCommerce can ensure data integrity and provide real-time dashboards and reporting across all integrated business processes. This can provide CartridgesDirect with value-added insights and allow the retailer to rapidly identify issues, trends and opportunities to make more informed business decisions, react a lot faster to customer requests and maintain market leadership.
- Superior order and inventory management – NetSuite SuiteCommerce can enable CartridgesDirect to more efficiently manage inventory and fulfilment. The retailer will be able to catalogue and populate a lot more products with greater ease. It currently has 7,500 SKUs, which will rapidly expand to around 20,000 SKUs in the next six months. CartridgesDirect's previous system could not handle catalogue expansion, particularly indexing.
- Leveraging NetSuite’s partner ecosystem and SuiteCloud development platform – CartridgesDirect also plans to take advantage of SuiteApps built on NetSuite's SuiteCloud platform by SuiteCloud Developer Network (SDN) partners - Infinet Cloud for payroll, Australia Post for shipping and OzLink Mobile Pro for warehouse management - to complement its deployment of NetSuite SuiteCommerce.
“Real-time reporting is a critical NetSuite function for us that can help ensure we are running profitably at all times, as well as having up-to-date website pricing information and stock alerts,” added Mr Williams. “Before we often ran with stockouts and found that customers were buying at one price, but if the inventory wasn’t synced correctly, we were sometimes selling at the wrong price making it a very expensive process for us. We expect this process will be far more efficient and streamlined for us with NetSuite.”
According to Mark Troselj, vice president and general manager for ANZ at NetSuite: “For online retail businesses like CartridgesDirect, achieving customer-centric commerce means reorienting a business from its traditional focus on sales channels to designing a business around customers. To remain viable and relevant, retailers must redefine their approach to effectively and seamlessly engage consumers across multiple channels. Done right, it drives sales and customer loyalty, while also maximising the lifetime value of customer relationships."
Today, more than 24,000 companies and subsidiaries depend on NetSuite to run complex, mission-critical business processes globally in the cloud. Since its inception in 1998, NetSuite has established itself as the leading provider of enterprise-class cloud ERP suites for divisions of large enterprises and mid-sized organisations seeking to upgrade their antiquated client/server ERP systems. NetSuite continues its success in delivering the best cloud ERP/financial suites to businesses around the world, enabling them to lower IT costs significantly while increasing productivity, as the global adoption of the cloud accelerates.
NetSuite SuiteCommerce enables B2C and B2B merchants, manufacturers and distributors to seamlessly connect every step of a multi-channel, multi-location business—from ecommerce, POS and order management to merchandising, marketing, inventory, financials and customer support. Featuring an advanced web store that allows the creation of uniquely branded and personalised shopping experiences optimised for multiple devices, SuiteCommerce empowers businesses to run across multiple touch points—web, brick-and-mortar stores, mobile—all from a single, unified cloud-based commerce platform that provides unprecedented visibility into your business and customers. Please visit www.suitecommerce.com.au for more information.
For more information about NetSuite please visit www.netsuite.com.au.
NOTE: NetSuite and the NetSuite logo are service marks of NetSuite Inc. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.