Expansion of RealStor Product Line Heightens OEM Selling Power with Increased Customer Options for Competitive, High-Performance Hybrid and All-Flash Storage
Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX), a world leader in storage solutions, today announced major enhancements to its AssuredSAN RealStor™ (RealStor) family of hybrid and all-flash storage arrays, enabling OEMs to provide customers with greater options for cost-competitive, high-performance midrange enterprise-class storage. Seagate now has additional powerful features in the RealStor 6004 hybrid storage array, already the product family’s highest performing solution.
“The enhanced Seagate hybrid array portfolio offers more choice for OEMs and their customers,” said Mark Peters, practice director and senior analyst of Enterprise Strategy Group. “Not only are OEM sales efforts now bolstered by a more comprehensive selection of field-proven storage solutions, but also these new RealStor enhancements address critical enterprise needs while maintaining the products’ hallmark competitive pricing. The result is that OEMs – regardless of customer needs or budget – will be able to offer very compelling solutions through their relationship with Seagate.”
Seagate’s RealStor product line (series 3000, 4000 and 6000) offers value, capacity and scalability. With a simple user interface, real-time tiering and virtual snapshots, the easy-to-manage arrays maximize capacity and performance while keeping costs at a minimum. Built on proven RAID technology with proven 99.999 percent availability, they deliver exceptional performance tuned for sequential workloads, ideal for high-performance computing, telecommunications data capture, oil and gas seismic data analysis, media streaming, video post-production and broadcasting. All of the arrays feature RealStor – the next-gen, real-time storage operating system – which uses intelligent autonomic tiering to configure fast solid state drives (SSDs) and low-cost high-density drives (HDDs) to set a price/performance benchmark for the midrange enterprise segment.
Enhancements to the RealStor family include the following:
- Greater Data Center Performance: New set of value-endurance SSDs delivers all flash-like performance with HDD-like capacity, marked by a 40 percent reduction in cost per IOPS and cost per VM.
- Increased Data Center Versatility: Features simplified storage-array management. A new OpenStack Cinder Driver further reduces complexity and cost, while enabling organisations to take advantage of cloud storage.
- Powerful, Easy Disaster Recovery: Includes new RealSpan™ asynchronous replication, as well as automated snapshots. Setup of RealSpan takes less than 15 minutes and delivers reliable replication to another array, whether 1 meter or 10,000 kilometers away. Additional storage snapshots can be scheduled and performed with zero performance degradation.
In addition to enhancements across the product family, Seagate has updated the RealStor 6004 hybrid storage array, making it especially effective for general-purpose, enterprise data center applications. Furthermore, with RealSpan compatible across the product line, the powerful RealStor 6004 can be used to drive data centers, while replicating to lower cost arrays located off-site.
New updates and features to the RealStor 6004 include:
- RealStor Operating System: This next-generation, real-time storage operating system enables autonomic tiering and other intelligent storage features for the enterprise-class 6004 arrays.
- Increased Performance: Delivers double the transaction performance of the RealStor 4004.
- New Interfaces: Offers fibre channel and iSCSI host support to enable broad data center connectivity for OEM customers.
“From enterprise data centers to the cloud, new software-defined and hyper-converged platforms are driving up storage demands, particularly as organisations look to harness advances in mobile, social, big data analytics and the Internet of Things,” said Bill Wuertz, vice president of engineering, Seagate. “Seagate RealStor hybrid and all-flash storage arrays are a tremendous complement to our portfolio and these enhancements only add to the great value they are known to deliver. For OEMs, the diverse options we offer ensure their customers find a solution that strongly meets their needs, budget and can accommodate future growth.”
These hardware and software products are available now to Seagate OEM customers.
Seagate creates space for the human experience by innovating how data is stored, shared and used. Learn more at www.seagate.com. Follow Seagate on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spiceworks, YouTube and subscribe to our blog.
©2015 Seagate Technology LLC. All rights reserved. Printed in the United States of America. Seagate, Seagate Technology, RealStor, RealSpan and the Seagate logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Seagate Technology LLC or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Seagate reserves the right to change, without notice, product offerings or specifications.