Kogan, McGrath Property, General Pants Co Top Australian List
- Ansible, the mobile marketing and technology agency of IPG Mediabrands, in partnership with international market research agency YouGov, and Powered by Google Tools, assessed brands “mobile readiness” based on both mobile presence and performance.
- The MDEX determined each brand’s mobile performance against five dimensions: Mobile Optimisation, Discoverability, Navigation and Content, Utility and Usability, and Driving Desired Actions.
- Part of global study across APAC, EMEA, LATAM and NA collated and analysed +240,000 data-points with over 2,000 brands assessed.
Ansible, the mobile marketing and technology agency of IPG Mediabrands, in partnership with YouGov, the global market research firm, and Powered by Google, has launched the inaugural MDEX, ranking the world’s most “mobile ready” brands based on five dimensions across both mobile presence and performance.
The Top 10 Most “Mobile Ready” Australian brands are:
- McGrath Property
- General Pants Co
- The Iconic
- Lion Corporation
- David Jones
- Ten Network
- Nine Entertainment
“The MDEX is the first study in the world to benchmark a brand’s mobile performance and will provide clients with the insights and roadmap they need to power their mobile strategy,” said Scott Player, CEO at Ansible Australia. “In our increasingly mobile-first world, it is critical to engage consumers with a frictionless and dynamic mobile customer experience. The MDEX will serve as the cornerstone of our client advisory services and strategic offerings.”
The MDEX’s framework was built and developed over a six-month period, beginning in July, with field studies occurring in January 2017. Over 2,000 brands were surveyed across four global regions in 15 major markets including Argentina, Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Germany, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Singapore, United States, United Kingdom and Uruguay. Global brands were defined by large, multinationals that had at least some presence in multiple key markets. Market-specific brands were smaller brands that may only be present in a single market.
The Top 10 Most “Mobile Ready” Global brands are:
John Sintras, Global President, New Business & Product Innovation, IPG Mediabrands noted, “The MDEX extends beyond research, and will be leveraged as a key product for new business generation, growth and our agency’s innovation efforts.”
The MDEX ranking is comprised of both qualitative and quantitative measures. Measurements include:
Quantitative and Qualitative Components:
- Google Search Rankings
- Google Mobile Site and App Design Principles
- Google Mobile Page Insights and Friendliness Score
- Webpagetest.org Results
- Consumer Usability Survey, executed in partnership with YouGov and Mediabrands Insights
- Ansible mobile site content analysis, based on three categories; persuasion, teachability, and ability to captivate users
- Ansible insights and analysis, consisting of product, data and research analysts, who collaborated on survey development and execution framework, along with data aggregation and analysis
Ansible determined that a quality mobile experience must encompass five key dimensions for a dynamic and immersive user experience. These were derived from a combination of the Google Design Principles and Consumer Usability Survey issued in partnership with YouGov.
- Discoverability: The capacity of a brand’s mobile website or application to be discovered when a user needs it.
- Mobile Optimisation: A technical assessment of a brand’s website optimisation for mobile (mobile web only).
- Utility and Usability: An assessment of UX in terms of intuitive design, value proposition, and consumer experience.
- Navigation and Content: The chosen structure of a brand’s mobile website, utilising easy to use menus and prioritised content.
- Driving Desired Actions: The features and functionality that drive users seamlessly through to desired actions or content (streamlined forms, auto fill, hover states).
The MDEX was unveiled at Mobile World Congress as part of The Digital Economy Keynote Session.
As the study evolves, the MDEX will continue to inform, educate and impact IPG Mediabrands, its clients, partners and specialty business units on best-practices, innovation and insights on mobile devices. In an ever-shifting and fragmented media landscape, with new ways to connect with audiences, mobile-first strategies serve as a key component for sustained growth and future performance.
For additional information on how a particular brand performed or to access the complete list of the rankings, please visit www.themdex.com .
Ansible’s global footprint includes 23 offices across 15 countries globally, with each providing the full breadth of mobile capabilities; extending from media, sites and apps into mobile commerce, mobile content, and broader technologies such as wearables, chatbots, beacons, augmented reality and virtual reality. In addition, Ansible’s offerings include proprietary mobile media planning tools, best practices and patented technologies including “HARK™” a second- screen gaming technology and the “MiBeacons” platform.
Ansible is a full-service mobile marketing and technology agency. Ansible is the most awarded mobile agency globally, amassing more than 60 Global awards in the past 18 months including the prestigious accolades of “Most Innovative App” and “Best Mobile Marketing” at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Ansible’s global team of strategy, media, creative and solution specialists help clients navigate the complexity brought by ever-changing consumer behaviour and technology. Ansible works with many of the world’s leading brands including Fiat Chrysler Automotive, Coca-Cola, Amazon, Johnson & Johnson and Exxon Mobil.
Ansible is a part of The Interpublic Group. Learn more at https://ansibleww.com.au/
About IPG Mediabrands
IPG Mediabrands was founded by Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) in 2007 to manage all its global media related assets. Today, we manage over $39 billion in marketing investment on behalf of our clients, employing over 9,000 marketing communication specialists in more than 130 countries.
IPG Mediabrands is a new world agency group designed with dynamic marketing at its core. Our speed, agility and data smarts ensure we continue to create growth for many of the world’s biggest brands. IPG Mediabrands’ network of agencies includes UM, Initiative and BPN as well specialty business units including Ansible, Cadreon, Healix, Identity, the IPG Media Lab, MAGNA, Mediabrands Insights, Orion, Rapport, Reprise, and Society.
YouGov is an international, full-service market research agency and is the pioneer of market research through online methods.
Our suite of syndicated, proprietary data products includes: BrandIndex, the daily brand perception tracker; and Profiles, our new tool for media planning, market segmentation and forecasting.
The market-leading YouGov Omnibus provides a fast and cost- effective service for obtaining answers to research questions from both national and selected samples. Our custom research business conducts a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research, tailored to our specialist teams to meet our clients' specific requirements.
YouGov has a panel of 4 million people worldwide, including over 1.8 million people in the US representing all ages and other demographic types.
For further information visit yougov.com