Seagate Technology today announced the Australian and New Zealand availability of the Fly Drive released earlier this year in partnership with DJI, the world’s leading manufacturer of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
Seagate and DJI have strategically partnered together to solve the data demands of drone users as they are creating more content than ever before. As drone cameras gain resolution and drone flight times grow longer, Fly Drive allows users to securely and efficiently store, manage, backup, download and share their photo and video content on location, thanks to its large storage capacity, integrated MicroSD card slot, quick transfer speeds and durable build.
Fly Drive features:
- Up to 2TB of capacity - With this kind of space, Fly Drive can store over 60 hours of 4K 30fps video footage. On a drone like the DJI Mavic Pro, that’s more than 250 flights* worth of content.
- MicroSD Card Slot - Managing multiple SD cards, readers and cables in the field is a pain. Thanks to an integrated hub that’s UHS-II-rated, it lets the user be more effective in the field by being able to quickly drag and drop 4K files from the MicroSD card to Fly Drive or the computer.
- Protective Bumper - The drive’s integrated, protective bumper helps provide shock resistance against the inevitable in the field, like being jostled around or dropped while packing and travelling. Safely tucked inside of the bumper is its USB-C cable, ideal for on-the-spot file transfers.
- USB 3.1 Interface - Compatible with both Mac and Windows, Fly Drive’s USB 3.1 Type-C interface allows for fast file transfers with the latest generation Thunderbolt™ 3 and USB 3.1 computers.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC - Fly Drive features two months of complimentary access to Adobe Premiere Pro CC, the industry’s leading video editing software—a US $19.99 per month value based on the annual subscription price—so that users can immediately get to editing**.
Equipped with a drone, laptop, Fly Drive, and Adobe Premiere Pro CC, creatives will have everything they need to capture, edit, and share their content.
The Seagate DJI Fly Drive is now available for an MSRP of AUD$179 at Officeworks, JB HiFi and Bing Lee and for NZD$199 at Noel Leeming and PB Tech.
For more information, visit www.seagate.com. Seagate and DJI are committed to uncovering new innovations for drone pilots and their data, so keep your eyes on the horizon for what’s in store.
*On average, 1 hour of 4K 30fps compressed footage creates 30GB of data.
** Adobe Premiere Pro CC offer valid where available. See here for more details.
Seagate creates space for the human experience by innovating how data is stored, shared and used. Learn more at www.seagate.com.
©2017 Seagate Technology LLC. All rights reserved. Seagate, Seagate Technology and the Seagate logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Seagate Technology LLC or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Seagate reserves the right to change, without notice, product offerings or specifications. When referring to drive capacity, one terabyte, or TB, equals one thousand billion bytes. Your computer’s operating system may use a different standard of measurement and report a lower capacity. In addition, some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus will not be available for data storage.
DJI is a global leader in developing and manufacturing innovative drone and camera technology for commercial and recreational use. DJI was founded and is run by people with a passion for remote-controlled helicopters and experts in flight-control technology and camera stabilization. The company is dedicated to making aerial photography and filmmaking equipment and platforms more accessible, reliable and easier to use for creators and innovators around the world. DJI’s global operations currently span across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and its revolutionary products and solutions have been chosen by customers in over 100 countries for applications in filmmaking, construction, emergency response, agriculture, conservation and many other industries. Learn more at www.dji.com.