With the Push of a “Smart Button” Genesys Mobile Engagement Unlocks Context, History and Live Assistance Capabilities for Mobile Applications
As part of its G-Force customer event, Genesys have launched a breakthrough mobile customer care solution that provides smart phone users instant access to agents in the contact center and beyond – all at the press of a button within a company branded mobile application. Available today, Genesys Mobile Engagement enables businesses to overcome today’s isolated mobile application experience by empowering customers that need live support to quickly engage customer service agents or specialised knowledge workers, such as personal bankers or travel agents. The new solution provides increased context to highly personalise the mobile customer experience and empower agents with information to drive an effective experience and outcome. Ultimately, companies will proactively and personally connect with today’s mobile consumers, driving a new level of customer conversations over smart phones.
- Today, there are an estimated 1 million mobile applications representing 40 billion downloads by consumers across the globe. By 2017, there will be a staggering 2 billion smart phone devices worldwide. At the same time, customer service organisations are often disconnected from the company’s mobile applications. When live assistance is required, customers must exit the mobile application and call the contact center number provided from the app. As a result, customers are forced to wait on hold, re-authenticate, traverse again through complex phone menus, and repeat the nature of their transaction when connected to customer service.
- As the smart phone and mobile applications become increasingly powerful customer touch points, every company is struggling to drive customer engagement through mobile devices. In fact, my downloaded mobile customer care applications remain under utilised or abandoned by consumers: one in four mobile apps are abandoned with less than 10 percent actively utilised.
- Effective mobile customer care requires a seamless transition between self-service applications and live assistance. It also requires companies to raise the bar on personalisation, delivering a customer experience that is increasingly dictated by the customer – when they want service, where, and over what channel.
New Offering: Genesys Mobile Engagement
Extending the Genesys Customer Interaction Management (CIM) platform, Genesys Mobile Engagement brings business rules, context, conversation history, and reporting to mobile customer service interactions. This first release of the solution brings the following four capabilities to market:
- Live Connect: Through a “smart button” within the mobile app, customers can request the assistance of a live agent via voice, chat, SMS or even video. Context, history and customer information is shared between the mobile device and enterprise customer service, connecting the ideal customer service resource and empowering them with a 360-degree view of the customer and current interaction.
- Locate Me: Location and GPS provides the customer’s location to make immediate customer service decisions. Where are you currently located within the airport, and where is the nearest gate of a connecting flight? Where is the closest bank branch to receive a replacement ATM card? Where did the automobile accident occur to immediately dispatch a claims adjustor?
- Snooze Me: Customers control when they want to engage with a company and can schedule – at their convenience – when they should be contacted as part of their mobile customer service and application experience.
- Alert Me: Proactively notifies the customer of the relevant service updates within the mobile application by SMS or automated voice call
“Mobility represents the next customer service platform,” said Bruce Eidsvik, vice president of Asia-Pacific for Genesys. “In fact, most consumers prefer to utilise their mobile device when seeking customer service. With Genesys Mobile Engagement, we’re effectively bringing the power of the contact centre into next-generation smart phone apps to ensure a seamless transition between the smart phone and live assisted service.”
“The rise of smart devices and the incessant focus on customer loyalty has created the proverbial ‘perfect storm’ for enterprises that want to reinvent the customer experience around smart phones and tablets,” said Daniel Hong, Lead Analyst of Customer Experience and Interaction at Ovum. “This moves the contact center into a strategic position within the customer experience lifecycle and introduces a new area of differentiation for enterprises today. Genesys is the first major vendor – with a strong heritage in contact centers – to formally productise a mobile care solution that adds context to customer interactions on smart phones – helping improve the customer experience on multiple levels and channels.”
To learn more about Genesys Mobile Engagement and view demos, data sheets, and white papers, visit:
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact center software and services — with a 100% focus on customer experience and mission to save the world from bad customer service. With more than 2,000 customers in 80 countries, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to drive today’s new customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day from the contact center to the back office, helping companies deliver fast, simple service and a highly personalized cross-channel customer experience. Genesys software also optimizes processes and the performance of customer-facing employees across the enterprise.